Friday, December 07, 2018

Former Secretary of State Tillerson and President Trump Exchange Fire: I Believe Tillerson’s Version of Events

I was a longtime critic of Rex Tillerson before and during his tenure as the Secretary of State under President Trump, and I’m still not fond of him, but in a recent interview he made several revelations about his professional relationship with President Trump.

He described Trump as “undisciplined” and as getting tired of being told “no” by Tillerson because the President’s proposals would be illegal or would violate various treaties.    This has the ring of truth to it as Trump’s behavior in public has been highly impulsive and destructive.

He also said that the President doesn’t like to read reports that were being submitted to him.   Trump fired back on Twitter (of course) by calling Tillerson as “dumb as a rock”, “lazy,” and a mental case.   That’s rich, coming from a President who is an egotistical maniac.

I’m inclined to believe Rex Tillerson’s version.    The revolving door of people coming and going in the White House, President Trump’s 3am Twitter rants and hypocrisy on saying that he couldn’t get rid of Tillerson fast enough (yes, he could have—that’s on President Trump alone) is all the proof I need to believe Tillerson.  

I’m not one to read books from disgruntled employees of the various Presidents, but if Tillerson writes one, I think I’d read it.

No comments: