Wednesday, November 26, 2008

ANOTHER $800 Billion Mistake? It Happened a Lot Faster Than I Thought It Would

Back when I was railing against the first $850 billion mistake to bail out Wall Street's Folly, I predicted that they'd be back in six months asking for another huge infusion of cash.

I was not expecting them to put up another $800 billion within 1 1/2 months to help Wall Street.

We can't afford this, nor should we be bailing out the auto industry. The fact that they're begging for money shows that they're already bankrupt, but haven't chose to admit it yet.

The government is setting us up for more falls in the future with all this intervention. This is a short-term strategy that will have serious long-term ramifications. A lot of these companies that we're busy rescuing were going to fail, and will probably fail regardless. And we'll still be stuck with the bill.

I don't like it.

No comments: