Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Rex Tillerson Will Be Trump’s Nominee for Secretary of State: Senate Needs to Block This Nomination

Donald Trump confirmed that Rex Tillerson will be his choice as the new Secretary of State.

This is a mistake, and I hope that the Senate blocks the nomination.  He’s not qualified for the reasons stated in an earlier post. 

Russia and China will run in circles around him, no matter how much they say they like him.   I’m sure they’ll be nice to him at first, but when the new President comes into conflict with Putin or with the Chinese government (and he will), they won’t pull any punches.

I dislike this nominee as much as I disliked Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld, and that’s saying something.  His name was well-known to me prior to President-elect Trump putting him under consideration for the Secretary of State position.

The more I read about his activism (not only with the BSA, but elsewhere too), the more opposed I get to the idea of this nominee making it through the confirmation process.

Did Trump really do his homework on this nominee?

No comments: