Friday, August 11, 2006

Bye Bye, Democrat Lieberman. Hello, Independent Lieberman

The Democrats finally won an election against someone they didn't like! But it says something when the only thing they can crow about is beating a member of their own party, and not a Republican. Senator Joe Lieberman lost the primary election on Tuesday and is now promising to mount an independent campaign to retain his seat. Now the Democrats are starting to weigh in, asking Joe to drop out for the good of the party.

Good of the party, my foot.

I hope Joe does stay in. He needs to teach his party a lesson about loyalty. He was hung out to dry by his so-called friends, so I don't blame him for wanting to go about this in his own way. I think he's prepared to draw enough votes away from the Democrats to throw the election to the Republican candidate.

But a betrayal like the one Lieberman experienced MUST be answered, so I applaud Senator Lieberman for his gump in going after his own party. And the Dems should remember that if he wins the seat he's still a liberal, no matter what his view on the Iraq War is, so he's going to vote with them regardless of his party label. And he says what he believes, whether or not it's the popular thing TO say.

I do like Joe Lieberman, despite his being a flaming liberal. And I hope he makes his party suffer for their turning on him.

No comments: