Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Harry Potter Series Ended with "Half-Blood Prince" As Far As I'm Concerned: Blatant Satanism Does It In

When "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" was released in bookstores four years ago, I raised objections to the blatant Satanism found in the book and some of the topics that were touched upon. I won't go into the minor issues.

My major objection (on religious grounds) in "Order of the Phoenix" was the demonic possession of Harry by Lord Voldemort during the battle between the Death Eaters and the Order of the Phoenix at the Ministry of Magic. I just cannot get past this blatant Satanism. I was very offended by this turn of events.

On my web site, I was willing to overlook some of the minor religious issues in the first three books. My perception changed at the end of the fourth book, "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire", when Wormtail chopped off his own hand, desecrated the grave of Voldemort's father, then drew Harry's blood to allow the dark lord's body to be regenerated. This was preceded by the murder of Cedric Diggory. My reaction was "uh oh."

I had hoped that J.K. Rowling wouldn't return to this kind of stuff, but she not only returned to it, but escalated it in "Phoenix". Then "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" was released two years ago and the soul ripping and the raising of the dead for evil killed the series for me.

I will not read the last book. It's a dead series as far as I'm concerned.

Only God can raise the dead.

No comments: