Friday, November 09, 2007

NBC Unable to Strike a Deal With Rosie: This is Not a Bad Thing

Liberal network NBC/MSNBC/NBC Universal was unable to strike a deal with super-liberal Rosie O'Donnell on a new talk show that would have gone head-to-head with CNN's Larry King Live and the higher-rated Fox News shows. Some are sad; I am not.

Though I would have enjoyed Rosie vs. Trump III, I don't think that those back-and-forth insults between the two egomaniacs are worth giving her a platform to spew her venom again. Her tenure at The View (which I don't watch) required a "suspension of belief" (to quote a friend of hers) in some of the things that she said. The recaps of her outrageous statements and outright lies were bad enough, and I'm glad that she got out of the news.

The management team at NBC would be smart to keep Rosie out of the mix; NBC is screwed up enough as it is, without her help.

No comments: