Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Kasich’s New Liberal Immigration Amnesty Stance Sucks: He Needs to Get Out of the Race Too

I don’t like the direction that John Kasich has gone in since I voted in the Michigan primary last week.

I voted for Cruz as it looked like Kasich’s stand was shifting even then, but I wasn’t sure.

What he was saying last week made a lot of sense.  Here’s his prior immigration stance as of last week, according to the ontheissues.org web site:

  • It's a silly argument to ship 11M illegals back to Mexico. (Nov 2015)
  • Focus of immigration should be to keep families together. (Sep 2015)
  • Latino immigrants will continue to play critical role in US. (Sep 2015)
  • Focus on border & guest workers, not birthright citizenship. (Sep 2015)
  • 1993: end birthright citizenship; 2015: not part of approach. (Aug 2015)
  • Seal the border with Mexico, support legal immigrants. (Jul 2015)
  • Open to pathway to citizenship, but doesn't like it. (Feb 2015)
  • Post-Sept-11 open-door melting-pot is essentially intact. (May 2006)
  • Limit the number of legal immigrants, and their benefits. (Nov 1996)
  • Voted YES on more immigrant visas for skilled workers. (Sep 1998)
  • Declared English the official language of the US. (Jan 1999)

But now, he’s making all kinds of noise about immigration and amnesty.  I don’t know if he’s pulling out all the stops to win in Ohio today, but I can’t agree with him on his new liberal policies on immigration.

I don’t have an argument with him from a religious point of view, but I don’t like the bait and switch that he’s pulled on voters who supported him previously.

I wonder how many of his prior supporters will support him now that he’s gone liberal on this issue.   He may have handed Trump a victory in Ohio.

No comments: