Thursday, October 07, 2004

A More Sensitive War? Yeah, Right!

To the Israeli people and members of the Jewish faith, the words "never again" have special meaning. They were, of course, talking about the Holocaust that the Nazis carried out on European Jews and other enemies of the Nazi regime.

I know I feel the same way about those two words when I think about people throwing themselves out of skyscrapers to escape the 2,000 degree heat as the World Trade Center burned. I think about the firefighters and police officers and first responders who were vaporized as the towers fell. I think about all the first responders who were crushed underneath the collapsing towers. I think about Todd Beamer and the other passengers aboard United Airlines Flight 93 who fought to retake their hijacked airliner from terrorists who had killed the pilots and were steering the plane toward their target. I think about the 3,000 lives that were lost that day. And all of the kids that lost family members...

Never again. Not like that.

One of the candidates wants to sit around and wait for another terrorist threat to materialize. We need a wartime president who will kick the enemy in the ass HARD, not sit around and wait for them to hit us first!

The sitting President will do a better job with the war on terror.

Fight a more sensitive war? Against a merciless enemy who did all of those things on 9/11?

If you believe that kind of hooey, then I've got some land in Fallujah that I'd like to show you.

No comments: