Thursday, September 29, 2005

Flashback to September 5th: Mold Prediction Was Right On

How did I know that mold was going to invade New Orleans and other hurricane-damaged communities along the Gulf Coast?

That's been the question people have been e-mailing me in the last couple of days. I predicted that this was going to happen back on September 5th.

As a licensed insurance agent in the State of Michigan, I got to see first-hand what happens when basements flood and not enough corrective action is taken to prevent mold infestation after it gets dried out.

I've seen entire basements filled with the stuff. It moves in and takes over. It crawls all over every wall, gets into every crack and crevice, and stinks to high heaven. It doesn't stop at the waterline, either. It just keeps going once a bad case begins.

That's how I knew exactly what was going to happen.

No structure that had water in it in the last month will be spared the mold problem.

Hurricanes Katrina and Rita didn't flatten New Orleans. The mold problem might.

No comments: