Friday, July 16, 2004

Kerry & Abortion

Kerry has an abortion problem, all right.

His political views, professed religious beliefs and voting track record are at war with one another. It's almost unfathomable that someone who was supposedly raised in the Catholic faith can go against his religion so completely on one of the most important stands that the Catholic Church has ever taken: to defend the unborn.

What kind of excuse does Kerry offer for his perfect voting record on pro-abortion legislation? "I can't take my Catholic belief, my article of faith, and legislate it on a Protestant or a Jew or an atheist" says he. How very liberal of him.

What about standing up for what he believes in? This is the entire flip-flop thing that Bush has been nailing Kerry on these past several months. Kerry says "I oppose abortion, personally. I don't like abortion. I believe life does begin at conception." His voting record does not reflect this feeling.

Has it not occurred to Kerry that not all abortion foes are Catholic, or even Christian?

This is a sad example of what liberal politics does to religion.


No comments: