Thursday, July 15, 2004

Marriage Amendment on Hold

The Senate defeat of the Marriage Amendment is being hotly debated around the country today.

Like I've said in previous posts, I do not support gay marriage but I am not in favor of a new Constitutional amendment that defines marriage.

My definition of marriage is between a man and a woman exclusively. Civil unions are between others.

This is a state matter under Constitutional law, as intended by the Framers, so I say let the states decide which way they want to go with it on their own. They do not need a power to be taken away from them by the federal government.

The feds need to take a step back and focus on more important matters and get out of state affairs. This is a huge distraction and the country needs to get over it.



No comments: