Thursday, September 16, 2004

NHL Lock-Out Begins

The NHL lock-out has begun.

The immediate result is that there will be no National Hockey League games for the foreseeable future.

No Red Wings.

I know some members of my family will be very disappointed by this turn of events. I think everyone was hoping that the team owners and the players would resolve their differences at the bargaining table to avert the partial or total cancellation of the 2004-2005 hockey season.

Some are saying that this might go into the 2005-2006 season as well. I hope it doesn’t come to that.

If the lock-out goes on into the scheduled season, the NHL had better treat the fans like royalty when pro hockey resumes a full schedule. Discounted tickets, discounted prices at the stadiums, the whole works.

My advice to both sides would be to resolve their issues quickly and get the teams onto the ice as soon as possible.

No comments: